Thursday, August 20, 2009

Painting & Hooping



So I'm currently working on a landscape (rather, skyscape) for my grandfather. The crappy image above is just a section of the gesso board I'm using.
But in between oil painting, I have found an obsession.















Hooping!

I started hula hooping a couple months ago and it has sprouted into a kind of love affair. I feel anxious without it and I'm constantly on the lookout for new moves to master. It's a great workout, it relieves stress, it looks pretty, and when you learn a new move you feel accomplished and triumphant - what's not to love? Anyway, I just recently dove into the world of fire hooping and I refuse to stop following this white rabbit down the fiery hole...
Here's my first fire hooping video (still working out some kinks, but I had a lot of fun):



No comments:

Post a Comment